Friday, February 05, 2010

Vertical Limit, Up

Some of the movies that left some 'touch' in my heart are the above mentioned.

I watched Vertical Limit, when I was in my "presumably" lowest point. I said 'presumably' because that's what I felt at that time, and not necessarily right... I was distressed because I made a wrong decision of leaving my comfortable job and pay in a modern country and went back to start a business in my homeland. Lots of personal struggle too. Full of dilemma too because I felt that I was neither here nor there and I did not know what to do, felt nothing but fear. I was so fearful until I was paralyzed. Of course, again, it was just what I felt at that time.

Then I watched Vertical Limit, a story about 2 siblings, a man and woman, of a journey finding their adventure after the accidents when their father passed away. As a mountain climber, their father has sacrificed his life, to save the life of his children, by forcing his son to cut the robe, so that only the father would fell...and died.

The daughter grew up bitter and went all out for this extreme mount climbing, whilst the son grew up bitter and forsook that sport adventure. They were reunited in one event, and in that season, every human being showed their true color. The rich businessman who sponsor the event, if possible would kill everyone, to save himself. Some are willing to help for money. The brother went up in bid to save his sister.

One semi-insane weirdo appeared in the scene. And he repeated the scene of the sibling's father. He cut the robe himself, so again the scene was repeated, the two siblings was saved because of his sacrifice.

When I watched that I could really feel the thrill of life and death and all these were just defined in moments of seconds or minutes. Whatever problem and burden we have, after all will hit the ceiling of 'stop order' called death. And here it is, I watched people, playing with death. I mean I know it's just a movie, and most of movies just portrays the same game of fake death. I know, I know. But I felt that genuine things in that movie - and that weirdo is willing to give his life to save the life of the two youngsters.

I was reminded then, no matter how tough and humiliating my situation is, it is not near the situation at that snowy mountains.

...I will write about Up later...





No comments: