Wednesday, March 18, 2015

A Special Day

It's camy's birthday today :)

I feel good today. I was going to a customer for a meeting this morning. I arrived very early so I decided to look for a coffee shop. I asked the security guard, where the coffee shop is. 

I called him 'uncle' - which is an informal friendly calling. 

To my dismay, he looked at me rudely and arrogantly he replied back 'there is no uncle working here, dont call me uncle!'

Straight away my blood shot up and the anger raging inside. 

I was so pissed off. Who does he think he is?

Somehow, something overcame my flesh. I tried to remember that I am a royal descent. So I called him, 'Sir!'

I hugged him ( or semi-hug, just putting my arm around his shoulder) and apologise. I saw him smile wildly and he nodded his head with respect. 

'Don't get offended. I don't mean to offend you. I just meant to be friendly' i tried to explain. 

'Uncle is not friendly' he still insisted but his tone has changed softer. 

I still felt the anger within me with his stubborness. But I pressed on and gave in to him. 

So I walked to coffee shop still feel humiliated and a bit of anger. Even when I saw him again and I smiled and he smiled back. The residual anger was still there. 

After some hours. All the anger was gone and finally I looked back and I was so happy that God helped me! Thank God, I did not retaliate back. 

Thank God, I decided to act like His child. 

As I remembered his open smile, it was like an angel's smile. Maybe it's a test. 

As I wrote this, I was tempted to think, would he still be rude to me if I drove in on Mercedes?

Then I tell myself, I have Jesus. I do not need to be bother of what people think of me.

No comments: