Wednesday, January 28, 2009

life to the fullest

time flies, swift.
I have now looked through the window at the height of corporate ladder.
A seat, I know, I am always ready to lose anytime, within 24 hours.
A place, I know, will never make me secure.


Somehow, I remember people I have met in the past.
I still sense their passion over what they are doing
It seems they live a hakunamatata kinda life
They live their dream
They did not go into main stream like the crowd. Taking 'profitable' degree, such as business, engineering, and making career and money, as the focus of their energy. No.

Some devote their life for social and political studies. Some become professor. Some devote their life for humanity and human rights cause. Some become (probably) the next ruler's advisor.

I feel they all live a meaningful life. Life to the fullest. They are doing what they love, free from what the crowds chase. They choose life over money and social status.

4 comments:

Merlyna said...

in a modern world, job/our work takes most of your time (more than sleeping, for some), thus your job partially defines who you are, i believe, especially when you have power (no matter little it is) to decide what kind of job you want to pursue.

the meaning of life, thus, is embedded in your job, too... to a certain degree...

if one cannot be happy with what one do, thy cannot be happy at all in life.

phoenix chix said...

wah.. i thought you have stopped updating your blog bro =)

well.. i don't even know how it feels to be at the height of corporate ladder bro =)

crossing the river said...

phoenix,
the wind breeze is fresher on the ground...

Ricco Li said...

I disagree...wind breeze is fresher at the top.

The ground is cluttered with dust...

But yeah...the path upward is treacherous and uncertain...

It is not for the fainthearted...

Nor it is for those who only depend on self...

Unless the Lord builds the house, they labor in vain..