Sunday, April 30, 2017

Who moved my cheese... my what?

Remember the famous management book 'Who move my cheese?'  The story is about a mouse community who one day find that the their source of cheese has been depleted. They keep hoping and waiting. One mouse, though, declares that this is reality. The cheese will never come back and that they have to go and find a new place with cheese. Nobody moves the cheese, it's just the way it is, says the mouse, to which he receives all the mockery. In short, he goes and wanders and he is right and he gets a better life than those who don't. 

My younger son, 7 years old (almost), told me that actually what the mice chase are not cheese. They actually like carrot and peanut, but it is locked in the jar, he explains. So they chase cheese instead without realizing what they are originally yearning for. 

Morale of the story: find out what it really matters to you in life. 

No comments: