Saturday, September 06, 2014

The Treasure

Last night right after I made love to my wife, I suddenly thought of a novel by Coelho, the Alchemy. 

In that story a young man had a dream that he would find great treasure in a far far away place. Fast forward, he traveled with all adversities to the place he was told in the dream. Towards the end of the story he was robbed and beaten up by a gang of thug. One of them laughed about his dream of seeing a treasure in a far far away place, which is the young man's home. 

In short, the young man went back and found the treasure in his hometown. 

Morale of the story - do we ever know where our treasure is? 

And as I ponder, is it gold and property? Money and bank account? To own many successful businesses?  I think the one near to me is my family. The family I always have is indeed my treasure. 

No comments: